Saturday, December 11, 2010

Lily's Dreaming Book: December 2010

Photobucket

This month is winding down, yet it feels as though it’s being wound UP – the pace is increasing, the urgency for Christmas is upon us, and a need for a new year seems vital for many people. In our haste, we forget the chilled beauty of late winter, the fresh loveliness of spring, the blossoming summer, and the sweet autumn days. Take a moment to recall some of the better days from the last four seasons. Very soon, a new Winter will be here, and we want to be ready for it. Remembering 2010 is important, as it will be gone soon.

Now is the time to get out your warm coats, winter boots, gloves, hats, and scarves. Be prepared to pay a higher energy bill. Make lots of tea!

I’ve been spending a few minutes each night meditating on the Advent; I bought a $1 booklet of Advent at a local church, and each day there is a new prayer, meditation, and story to keep your spirit in check. Religious or not, Advent is a beautiful way to clear out the negative energies of the day and fill your body and brain with harmony.

For me, the coming New Year is both welcomed and bittersweet. I welcome a new “four seasons” and new school semesters. New hopes and adventures. However, 2010 was the very last year that my dear Tom was alive. He lived seven days into 2010, and 2011 will be the first year of my life that Tom wasn’t alive. I know he’s here spiritually, someplace, but physically he is gone. Life won’t ever be the same, and in that way I do mourn the passing of 2010.

But must we think in terms of years and hours? Shouldn’t life just be one continuous dance? Tom lived, and when he lived or died shouldn’t matter. HE LIVED. WE LIVED and are LIVING NOW. Forget about years, dates, and time. Life is enough.

2 comments:

  1. you said it so lovely, I mourn the passing of 2010, yet look forward to the 2011. It will be the first year without mom. I do hope the Christmas season is good for you and that you enjoy yourself during the holidays. They are nice and restful for me as I take my time to get what I need done. I finished shopping a while ago so now I just have to wrap. I love this season so much, and yes, I am even looking forward to a new winter, spring, summer and fall. I think Tom is with you always and I know mom is with me, they are celebrating with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Heather, I'm glad you feel that way - I also love the holidays, and while it will be a different sort of Christmas, I am still loving the process of buying and wrapping gifts, sending cards, etc. The holidays are always beautiful. :)

    I know you're right, that your mom and Tom are here, just in a different way than we're used to. I know Tom will be with me this Christmas, and I know your mom will be with you. We just have to look for them a little deeper ... and find them waiting.

    love

    ReplyDelete